Thursday, May 5, 2011

More Mother's Day Freebies!

Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone! I can't believe May snuck up on me so quickly. Maybe if the weather was more spring like here, I'd believe it! And how excited are you for iNSD this weekend? I can't wait!

Today, I am bringing some more great goodies in time for Mother's Day! I started working on my gifts, and decided to share. Gifts from the heart are the best I've decided, and I know that my mom, mother-in-law, and grandmothers feel the same. First up is a quick page I am giving you based off of a layout I did of my grandmother. She passed away 17 years ago, but we still think of her daily. I thought it would be a nice page to give my mom as a keepsake. Here it is:

I used Jeanine's beautiful collection, "Poppies", found at her store at Scrapmatters.com! I love this collection because it's gorgeous and versatile! She also has an add on that you can get for free when you become her fan on Facebook! Wahoo!

Next, I have a quote that I put together with one of my favorite sayings by Abraham Lincoln. I love quotes and think they make great home decor. I used Jeanine's collaboration kit with Plum Dumpling Designs, "Sunshine In Your Heart". I printed it off on one of my new favorite things-canvas paper! I actually found my canvas paper at Target. I believe it was $5.99 for four sheets. The canvas gives a nice, added touch!
I printed it as an 8x10 on my home printer, and now I just need to find the perfect frame (you could also upload it to your favorite photo processing center and have it professionally printed). I love going to the dollar store and thrift stores to find frames, especially because a good coat of spray paint can do wonders at transforming things. Here it is printed on the canvas. A lovely piece of art!
I hope you enjoy the freebies! I also put together a little template for you. Use it to scrap a page about your own mom and be sure to check out Jeanine's store for her beautiful kits to use with the template! Upload your goodies by clicking on the image and have a wonderful weekend!