Saturday, March 4, 2006

NSBR - The latest in the saga...

I think most of you who come to my blog know that my son has been diagnosed with autism, ADHD, OCD, etc. There has been a lot of hulabaloo with our school district breaking the state laws in regard to special education and discriminating against children with special needs, including many newspaper articles and state investigations. Some of the parents, including myself, formed a group called PASE (Parents Advocating for Special Education) to act as a resource to other parents and the community. Most of my time for the past six months has been devoted to this group as well as helping others learn their rights, in addition to spending time talking to the New Jersey Office of Special Education Programs investigators. Well, the latest article came out Friday, and it is unbelievable! Here is a response to the article from a prominant advocate, and the article can be seen here if you are interested. This is why I don't design very often anymore... every spare minute is devoted to my children and this group.