Saturday, December 31, 2005

Random Christmas Thoughts

- One Furby is cute, two are, well, not-so-cute (Colton and Calista both got them)

B0009i6rvy01




























- You can only hear Dora sing the "Everyone can Dance Dance" song so many times before wanting to throw her out the window (nicely, of course) B0008fud5y01pt01

























- Remote control cars can hurt when they run into your foot or if they are hurled at you by your four-year-old



B0006m5vtw01a14ma33oww3byg


































- When the kids' occupational therapists suggest an indoor playground, then they should be the ones to watch them so they don't kill eachother B00030epna01











- If the story reader can read books to kids over and over, can they have a parent screamer that can just repeat the same commands over and over? No! Don't touch her / him! I said stop! No screaming! B0009olt7a01











- The tree in the polar express train set (from the movie of the same name) has a star on top that will pierce your foot when stepped on - although any blood looks like it is part of the tree decorations B0002ju9xm01
















- Although I was a bit glad to have my family leave after staying with us for the holiday (brother and his fiancee from Chicago, brother from PA, mom from NJ, mom's 2 dogs), I wish we lived closer together. I miss them, and hate only getting together once a year. :(



- I baked enough cookies / sweets to eat for the next year and I ate enough cookies / sweets that I wouldn't have to eat for 2 years



- The kids are really mean in the Charlie Brown Christmas Special



- I don't like fruitcake



- I love Christmas carols, and begin listening to them November 1st every year - why can't we listen to them all year round?



- Eggnog is much better when mixed half and half with skim milk



- Rain in December is just wrong



- I wish it would snow ONLY in the month of December and that it would be mandatory to have snow from the 15th through the 31st



- I would like to rich enough to hire someone to take down all my holiday decorations and store them in a neatly organized fashion (I have a ton of decorations, too many probably!)



- I didn't like the movie Robots



- Every year, the kids' presents get louder and come in more pieces



- 2 of my top 3 favorite movies of all time are Christmas movies: Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story (the third HP movie, Prisoner of Azkaban is my other fave)



- I hate the Christmas Blues (which I will now have for 4-6 weeks)



- I wish Christmas could be a quarterly holiday



- I SINCERELY HOPE THAT YOU ALL HAD A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANNUKAH, AND / OR A JOYOUS TIME CELEBRATING YOUR OWN TRADITIONS!!!